Thanks so much to Jen at I’m a Nola Girl for awarding me with The Versatile Blogger Award. I LOVE her fabulous blog. She writes anything from recipes to current events, fashion to fun! Being a New Orleans girl, she’s a huge Saints fan. Who else do you know that can name the entire starting line-up for the World Champion Saints 2009-2010? Yeah, she’s a serious fan!
Her rules for the award are simple, just list seven things about yourself.
Simple, right? Alright, let me think…
1. My husband and I have known each other since third grade. We started dating the summer before his freshman year of college (my senior year of high school). We dated for six years, and have now been married for almost six years. Yes, 12 years now! Guess you can say we know almost every single thing about each other. Old friends are the same friends and all, makes it so much easier.
2. I have a hair color crisis! I have been coloring my hair since I started using Sun-In in the summer after ninth grade. I still remember finally deciding to change it back in tenth grade, and no hair salon would touch it, saying, “I’m sorry, we don’t treat Sun-In hair.” What?! My mom ended up having to call the Clairol Hotline, and they gave her specific instructions on what to do. Yes, it was a pain, but we finally got it back to a nice brunette color. And what did I decide to do in eleventh grade? Go back blonde, with highlights, but this time it was at a salon, so a little better, right? Needless to say I’ve been red, blonde, brunette, you name it! And now that I want to go back natural (brunette), I can’t, because I have so much gray hair. So I’m still getting the gray covered every 6-8 weeks or so. Secretly, I’ve always wanted to be naturally blonde, and who gets it? My first daughter. Go figure!
3. I played the piano for 10 years. I can’t say that I’m as good as I used to be. I’m hoping someday, when we get a piano, for my daughters to take lessons, I’ll practice more, and play well again. It was always so nice to hear the piano playing in our house growing up. All of my sisters took lessons at one time or another, as well. The recitals were always so much fun!
4. I own over at least 12 unread books that I plan to read at one point or another, but haven’t gotten to them yet. I love buying books at bookstores, but then never actually read them. Seriously, I really should start reading. My husband loves to read! My oldest daughter definitely gets that from him. She could read books all day. You would not believe how much she remembers, even if I’ve only read her a book one time. It’s pretty amazing!
5. My oldest daughter was able to identify every letter of the alphabet when she was just 20 months old. No, I didn’t have her on a program or anything, she’s just good at remembering things. Little tots are like sponges, they seriously soak it all up. She now can identify all the colors, including PINK :), and count to 20. Okay, I think I’m boasting too much about her now, but a mother can do that, right? Anyway, it IS really impressive.
6. My dad has four brothers and a sister (they all have at least three children or more), and my mom has two sisters and a brother. They ALL live in South Carolina. Yes, can you tell we LOVE our family. 🙂 We’re the only family to have strayed to NC, but not too far!
7. I love candy. My husband has so eloquently given me the elegant, sweet, nickname…Rot. Gee, thanks.
Hope y’all enjoyed these, and I didn’t bore you too much. Now on to who I should award. Hmmm, I’m trying to think of seven fellow bloggers I haven’t tagged before, and that have very versatile blogs.
P.S. Just a heads up, tomorrow is the last day to enter my giveaway. Click on over if you haven’t entered yet. Wouldn’t want you to miss out on a chance to win!
Also, a big thanks to all of your sweet compliments about how much my mother and I look alike, from Sunday’s post. That’s seriously such a wonderful compliment. I can only hope I look as good as her, at her age. Also about giving birth, sorry for those of you who had hard deliveries, but thankfully both of mine were rather easy. Pushed each of them out, both 9 pounders, in about thirty minutes. Yes, I’m proud, must be my competitiveness shining through. The ease of the deliveries may also be the reason my mom had so many, she even had the first four naturally, no drugs. No thank you. Bring on the epidural for me. Haha!
26 thoughts on “Tuesday Trends: The Versatile Blogger Award”
Good for your little reader, she's got beauty and brains!
Good Morning! Congrats on the great award! You and your hubby are such a cute couple! I have such a sweet tooth too! Total junk food junkie. Hope your having a wonderful week! xoxo
I love these things. I love reading about people and their quirks and likes/dislikes. You often learn something about yourself too (the author I mean). Love it! 🙂 That baby girl of yours is too cute!
This was so much fun! I loved reading all about you and your family.
I'm a candy eater too! It's terrible really. I could eat lemonheads for every meal.
Totally enjoyed these. You deserve the award and it was so much fun learning more about you! And of course you should beam about your little one!
Okay, you were 7 months pregnant in that first picture?! You look fabulous! Seriously, one of the cutest pregnant ladies ever. I laughed out loud at your post about hair color – I was very blonde when I was little, but when it started darkening as I got older, I turned to the salon to reclaim my blonde locks. I have been coloring my hair for over half my life! A couple of years ago, I got a wild hair and dyed it dark brown – I loved it, but it has so much bleach on it from years of blonde that the color wouldn't hold and would fade to this brassy red which I hated. So back to blonde for me!
Holy cow…The WHOLE alphabet? The dude is 22 months and not even close. I better get to work. HA!
I loved reading every one of your seven things. Your daughter is ADORABLE and so smart! And your husband and you are so cute together. Oh, and I LOVE candy too! :o) I just loved this entire post. Have a great day!
You are the winner for the Preppy Mafia Give away! Congrats. Let us know your address.
I love your comment about Sun-in!!!! So funny!! That was my first hair dye experiment too and I remember salons were not too fond of it. Oh how things have changed since Sun-in days!!!
Love your hair blonde!! So pretty! 🙂
Seriously, 7 months pregnant? Really? You looked (and still look) super fabulous! My little Colin is a reader too, despite the fact I hate to read. My husband is an avid reader though so I'm guessing he's picked that up from him. Loved the list.
Congrats on your award! You are so cute! Your little one is really smart and I love the pic with the books!
Awww, you picked me! I am so flattered! I will add you to my Honorable Mentions section, that is so awesome! You look so beautiful! Glad to know that Clairol came through for you, who would have thought?? XO!
W is so cute! That's great that she already loves books. We try to read to Lilly a lot, too. I also used to always want to be blonde, but I am now happy with my natural color and it looks like Lilly may be a blonde. It's funny how it works out!
That’s you 7 months pregnant? Wow! You don’t look pregnant!
I’ve made the same mistake with my hair. In jr. high I wanted blonde streaks. It was horrible. I still didn’t learn my lesson. In college, I did blonde highlights. Big mistake! But I did learn that the old myth is not true: Blondes do NOT have MORE fun!
I sincerely hope I look as precious as you did when I'm 7 months pregnant! I adore how W has a bow in her hair, even when she's rocking the PJs!!
Adorable! You have known your husband since 3rd grade? I'm sure there are some precious pictures floating around in the archives… 😉 Loved reading more about you!
Your daughter is adorable and she sounds soo smart!!
Very much deserved all the awards. I have enjoyed reading your blog and this wonderful post today. My guess is many more awards will be coming your way.
I totally remember sun in. Hilarious. It takes me back to 9th grade too. Congrats on the award.
can't get over how beautiful both you and your daughter are. first your mom, now this? what an attractive family!
Thank you for the award!!
Now I get to make a post in which all I talk about is ME..
hmmm that couuuld be tough (ha yeah right- i am good about talking about me) Stay tuned.. it may be for tomorrows post.
High five for winning the Preppy Mafia giveaway too.
I remember trying Sun In and it would never work in my hair!! i used to get so irritated. You look ridiculously great in the 7 mos prego pic BTW and your girls are DARLING!!
I love candy too!
Lady…you looked FABULOUS for being 7mos. preggers in that photo. I wouldn't have even known had you not said something. AMAZING!!!
And yes…children are sponges. My daughter is way above her class in reading & math. It's funny because my son struggles. Go figure :)- Lol
I loved reading the little snippets of your life. Your daughter knowing her alphabet at 20 months is wonderful. My eldest knew his then too and he is one very smart boy. Sounds like you've got one on your hands too! 🙂 xoxo
Congrats on this award and I’ve been meaning to thank you all week for passing it along to me. Things have been so hectic around here lately, but I cannot wait to do this (maybe tonight in between work)
It was so much fun to read this and learn more about you. I think it’s adorable that you and your husband have known each other since grade school. You don’t hear many stories like that these days. I also think that the pic of you two is adorable and you did not look 7 months pregnant in that photo!
That is a funny story about your mom calling Clairol. It figures that you’re daughter ended up blonde 😉
The piano is such a beautiful instrument and I took a few lessons, but gave up for more dance classes. Now that I’m an adult, I wish I had stuck with it longer. I am also the same as you when it comes to books. I’ve got every intention of reading them…someday. I had a goal to read at least 10 this year and I’m only 1 in. I don’t think it’s going to happen.
Your daughter is so cute and that last pic of her in the green jammies…precious! She sounds really smart too.
Your family sounds big like mine and I also love candy!
Comments are closed.