Now that strawberries are in season, I thought I’d go with a fun, yummy strawberry cocktail this week for Thirsty Thursday. We brought back a ton of strawberries from Georgia, so I’ve been looking for different ways to incorporate them into food and drinks! I found this one from White on Rice. This cocktail would be perfect for Pink and Green Thursday, as well.
|Hosted by Trish at Pink Preppy Lilly Lover|
- 1.5 ounces of simple syrup
- about 3 fresh strawberries
- about 4-5 fresh spearmint sprigs (chopped if you prefer smaller mint pieces in your cocktail)
- soda water
- 1/2 lime
- 2 ounces of light rum
1. In a chilled glass (about 10-12 ounces), muddle the simple syrup, strawberries and mint leaves together with the back of a spoon or muddler. Crush the strawberries and mint leaves well.
2. Squeeze the juice from the lime into the glass, add the rum and stir well. Fill glass with ice and top off with soda water.
3. Garnish with mint sprigs or strawberry slices. Makes 1 drink.
I’d love to be sipping this cocktail, while reading this…
It has just been finished, and there’s a foreword by Lilly Pulitzer herself. Available for preorder now, it doesn’t come out until October 4th, so I’ll have to wait a little while before I can sip and read. If you pre-order it from Amazon, it qualifies for free shipping.
And wearing this, poolside…
While perusing GG images, I came across this one…