Today, I’m sharing my ‘Top 10 Favorite Things’ from 2017. You can also click on items in image above to shop.
It’s no secret that this tie sleeve sweater is a favorite of mine. I have it in so many colors! I just love that you can pair it with leggings and it covers your rear. The lavender and white are both by this designer. And my newest tan color I recently ordered is by a different designer but looks exactly the same and the price is a little lower than the other ones. Paired it above with these sunnies and these earrings.
If you have to get a top that you can wear alone or that goes under every sweater you own, get this one. I have it in so many different colors and it’s long enough to cover your rear. You may have noticed it paired with my lavender sweater above and also under my white sweater too. I also have it in grey and black. Great for layering and only $19! Can’t beat that!
I know I’m a sunglasses addict, but these have been my favorites of the year! And I know I can’t say it enough, but the lenses on Maui Jim sunglasses are the best I’ve ever worn.
This top comes in so many different colors and fits so well. It’s really soft too! Obviously if it’s in my top ten picks, then it’s a major winner. For fit, it runs true to size. I’m wearing a small. Paired it above with these jeans and these booties.
Speaking of the jeans shown above, they’re definitely my top jeans pick from this year. They’re high waisted and suck you in in all the right places with very little stretch. For fit, they’re pretty true to size.
I picked this up during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this past July and have loved using it! I can definitely tell a difference with no sensitivity!
I was reluctant to order this bad boy earlier this year because of the hefty price tag, but let me tell you, it’s worth every penny. My hair feels healthier and it takes no time for my hair to dry. If you’re on the fence, trust me, you’ll love it!
Hands down, the most comfortable work-out leggings I own. And they’re high-waisted too! For fit, they’re true to size.
If I had to pick one favorite shoe from this past year, I would pick these! I pair them with almost everything, even though I know they’re a print and not a solid color. For fit, they’re true to size. These have also been restocked more times than I can count so I know they’re a popular pick. But they’re totally worth it!
I’m hoping to use these more often in the near future. Actually, starting today. I desperately need to get back into a running routine. I found so much enjoyment in running before, but I’ve been so out of it for so long, I know it’ll be a long journey back. But I’m up for the challenge!
It took awhile for me to narrow down my picks to just 10, but I feel like these are truly my absolute faves that I wore the most often this past year.
So tomorrow is the big day! Lilly’s After Party Sale! Throughout the day, check back here for fit guides and favorites for you! After posting lots of info for you about the sale here, I went back and looked at their FAQs and realized I’d forgotten to mention a few things and also wanted to organize it all for you.
1. This year’s sale will run for TWO DAYS, starting tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8am and ending on Thursday at midnight.
2. All sale items are FINAL SALE and cannot be returned, even for store credit.
3. When checking out, make sure and TRIPLE CHECK your order before placing it. Your order can not be changed once it has been submitted. And if I haven’t said it enough, be sure and create an account here beforehand, to save you a lot of time when checking out tomorrow.
4. Even if you purchase a full-priced item during the sale, it may take longer than the usual 2-3 days to arrive. With the HIGH VOLUME of orders being processed, shipments will take a little longer to get to you. You will receive a shipment confirmation email once your package leaves our warehouse.
5. If you’re wondering why this sale is such a BIG DEAL, it’s that Lilly only has two online sales per year. One in January and one in August.
6. Shipping is FREE! If there’s anything you know you REALLY want, check out quickly with that item(s) first, guaranteeing you’ll get it. Then if you want, you can always go back for more. Just know that this time when you go back to shop again you’ll be added to the back of the virtual line. So I’d recommend adding as many of your favorites to your cart the first time, since you’re in. As always, they’re not reserved until you check-out, so get shopping quickly!
7. Lilly will be implementing their VIRTUAL LINE again for this sale. Meaning that once you’re on the site, you will be put in a line before you can enter the site. Don’t let the number you are deter you from staying on the site. Last year it only took me about ten minutes to get through the line and shop. Once you finish shopping and check out, you will be redirected to the back of the virtual line if you want to shop again.
8. One MAJOR TIP, if possible, have at least two form of technology in front of you to SHOP. Sometimes your phone may update faster, and sometimes the computer works better. If at all possible, shop from your computer. This way you can see more items at one time, than if you’re just using your phone. Just think of it as standing in multiple lines at once. Maybe even consider opening multiple browsers if you can.
9. Go ahead and make a potential SHOPPING LIST. Head to the site and browse different styles and prints. Have your favorites ready, so you’re not trying to remember them off the top of your head tomorrow, while you’re trying to shop. When I shop for my girls, I even have next summer in mind. For items like bathing suits, I’ll order the next size up for my girls, so they’ll be set for next summer.
10. If you’re having trouble deciding on what size to order, sign up for TrueFit. I would go ahead and do this before the sale starts. It helps you select the best size for you, taking into account your measurements and how the style of the item fits. Be as accurate as you can on your size and TrueFit will let you know the best size for you. Also, you can check out product reviews and fit recommendations for each style too.
Look for what size they recommend for you, based on TrueFit, above the list of sizes on the left side, on each style while you’re shopping. You can see my example in the image above. The small is recommended in the Elsa Silk Top for me, which is accurate. If you need more help on sizing, don’t hesitate to email me: sweetsouthernprep at gmail, and I’ll try my best to help.
9. If you ever want to check your ORDER STATUS, enter your order number here.
10. Be prepared to see lots of items from any of the past seasons. Lilly will also have a great ACCESSORIES SECTION with Lilly prints on things from tablecloths to scarves. Many of these novelty items go quickly because they’re so unique and are marked down so much. Be sure and check them out too. Many of them make great gifts too!
11. After you place your order, you may see a charge on your credit card, even when your order is showing as STILL PROCESSING. If your order hasn’t yet shipped, you’re seeing a pre-authorization hold. Lilly won’t actually charge your card until your order has left their warehouse. This pre-authorization hold acts as a placeholder to ensure there are adequate funds in your account before your items are sent out. Hope that makes sense!
12. ELSA TOPS – If I haven’t said it enough, trust me, you will love this blouse! My favorite style of Lilly! For fit, it’s true to size. I wear a small in them. Other favorites are the Jane Dress and the Essie Dress (wearing it in the photo below).
I’ve had a few of you ask about recommendations for dresses longer than 35″ – the usual length for most of Lilly’s dresses. I’m 5’6″ and most of their dresses hit right above my knee. If you want longer, try the Rilee Midi Beach Dress or the Sloane Midi Dress.
For answers to more FAQs, click here. As I stated above, line management is the biggest change from previous sales. Basically, it will still be the same where items aren’t reserved in your cart until you’ve completed check-out, but this year, when you want to check-out you’ll be added to a virtual line. And while you’re waiting, items aren’t reserved in your cart. So if you reach the front of the line (time to shop and check-out) many of your items may not be in your cart anymore, meaning they’ve sold out while you were waiting. So if I can’t emphasize it enough, shop quickly for what you’re looking for. Consider having a list of your favorites, so you don’t forget to look at a specific section while you’re shopping.
While you’re waiting for the sale to start tomorrow morning, don’t forget to head over here to enter my giveaway! For more sale tips, check out yesterday’s post here.
And I know it won’t be part of the sale tomorrow, but I’ll probably throw in a glass set too. These are great ideas to add to gifts.
Hope y’all are having a great week so far! So excited about the sale! We’re expecting snow here tomorrow, on the kids’ last day off. And it’s 20 degrees here this morning. Hard to think summer and Lilly, but I’ll be so excited to have some new pieces when the weather finally warms up!
3 thoughts on “My Favorite Things: 2017 Edition + Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale Date”
I’m not sure if you meant to include a link but but when you said head over here to enter my giveaway while waiting for the sale, there isn’t a link.
Thanks for everything! Hope you find what you’re looking for during the sale!
Oops! Sorry about that! The giveaway was just announced on today’s post! Good luck!
Great sales tips!! This year I made a shopppng list and just searched on those items first. The second round I let myself shop through everything!
Comments are closed.