I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Our trip to Charleston for a wedding was so fun! Unfortunately, I completely forgot to snap photos at the event, so no weekend recap this time. I thought I’d provide y’all with some Southern Monday Manners today. Enjoy!
Southern Do’s for a Good Conversation
Social Graces by Ann Platz and Susan Wales
- Share the conversation. Let everyone take a turn.
- Keep the talk interesting and light.
- Never embarrass your hostess.
- Never ask what something costs.
- Never use rude or shocking language.
- Keep personal problems private, especially at another’s expense.
- Be sincere with your compliments.
- Correct your spouse’s etiquette, grammar, or behavior in private.
- Talk with the people on your left and on your right when dining.
- Be honest.
- Listen carefully.
- Be respectful.
- Learn to compromise.
I hope y’all have a great start to the week!
Oh, and stay tuned, I’ve got another fun giveaway that I’ll announce tomorrow!
Photo Credit: 1