1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image – any likeness of anything that is in the heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
3. You shall not take the name of your Lord your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10.You shall not covet your neighbor’s house, you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male
servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.
Which commandment is the one you need to work on the most, in your life right now? Pray about if often, and the Lord will help give you the strength you need, to do what is right.
Do you wonder which commandments were the most important to Jesus? He states it in Matthew 22:36-40, after 1400 years, when religious “experts” of the day questioned him.
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hangs on these two commandments.”