Today’s cocktails are from Kate Spade’s blog
. It’s Kate Spade’s 20th anniversary this year, so I thought why not celebrate her with a few cocktails and little snacks to go with them!
2 oz blended scotch whiskey, 3/4 oz italian vermouth, 1 dash orange bitters, maraschino cherries
1. fill a metal shaker with cracked ice, whiskey, vermouth and bitters.
2. shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. garnish with a maraschino cherry and serve.
mini piggy wellingtons
1- 12 oz package fully cooked chicken sausage links (or any variety you prefer)
1- 8 oz sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/3 cup whole-grain mustard
1. pre-heat oven to 350f.
2. using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, carefully trim the puff pastry into 3-inch by 1-inch strips.
3. cut sausages in quarters lengthwise, then again in half across.
4. roll sausage piece in single pastry strip and transfer to non-stick baking sheet. repeat.
4. bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and fluffy.
5. serve with mustard sauce on the side.
ingredients (for 1 pitcher, serves 6):
4 cups chilled, fresh tomato juice with pulp (no seeds!), 9 oz vodka, 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce, 3/4 tsp tabasco sauce, 3/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp celery salt (optional)
1. stir all ingredients together in pitcher.
2. fill glasses with chunky ice and serve.
8 slices white bread, cut into cubes
1 lb chddar cheese, grated
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
any of the following: sausage, ham, pepper, onion, and any other veges you love
1. fill a 13″x19″ pan with half of the bread cubes, and top with half of the grated cheese.
2. in a separate bowl, beat together eggs, mustard, salt, milk and all additional ingredients. pour over mixture in pan and sprinkle remaining cheese and bread on top.*
3. bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour at 325f.
*it’s even easier to enjoy if you make this dish the day before. simply cover pan with cling film after finishing step 2 and refrigerate overnight. then, bake when ready.
Still enjoying every cocktail in my new glass!
I was sick with a pretty bad cold this week, that started on Sunday, and it’s finally gone. I’m so thankful that it was short-lived! The girls played on the iPad, while I fed Baby V one morning.
These coats are perfect for church…still can’t quite figure out the hats that came with them, though. W wouldn’t wear hers, and E loved hers. She kept telling everyone at church that she was Little Red Riding Hood.
W’s Abstract. Medium: Crayons and Markers
Love my artwork from my girls.
E’s Masterpiece. Medium: Crayons and Colored Pencils
V at 10 Weeks
W is on a field trip at Discovery Place Kids today with her class…and it looks like she and her friends are having a BLAST!
The girls start dance today! Cannot wait!
For all of you Elizabeth McKay lovers out there, I’ve got a pretty sweet deal, that’s running until Sunday. I’ll announce it tomorrow!
Happy Thursday, Y’all!