Every six months or so I share my make-up routine with you. It hasn’t really changed much in the past few years, but I do receive emails from readers asking what beauty products I love, so here you go…
My Make-Up Routine
1. Apply YSL Concealer on any small blemishes on my face. This one works wonders! Since I have more of an olive skin tone, I wear this in #3 Light Peach. If you have trouble with dark under eye circles, read the reviews, women are in love with this product, raving it looks like they’ve gotten 8 hours of sleep.
2. Apply Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Bone with this Eye Sweep Brush. I even dust it over my eyelashes. I think it helps my mascara stay on better.
3. Apple Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Rich Navy as my eye liner, with this Eye Liner Brush. For daytime, I apply it dry, and for evening, I apply it wet. I use a dark blue shadow instead of a dark brown or black eye liner to make my brown eyes pop more.
4. Apply Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light on forehead, sides of face, hollows of cheek bones and jawbone with this Bronzer Brush. I love it more than others because it doesn’t have that shimmer effect that many do, it only shapes and contours my face.
5. Apply NARS Blush in Orgasm on my cheeks as a base color with this Blush Brush. Love how it gives my face a healthy glow.
6. Apply a light touch of NARS Blush in Desire. It’s a really bright pink, so make sure you only apply a little of it on the apples of your cheeks. I’m not sure why on Nordstrom’s site that Desire looks darker. Trust me, it’s definitely not. It’s more of the shade in my collage above. For a pretty pink that’s not so bright, try Gaiety.
7. Curl eyelashes with this Eyelash Curler.
8. Apply Dior Overcurl Mascara. I don’t have much curl in my lashes, and this mascara does the trick, especially after I use the curler. If I have time, to separate any lashes, I use this Eyelash Comb.
A Few Tricks to Fake Even Longer, Fuller Lashes
After you’ve curled and applied your mascara, wait five minutes, then dust your eyelashes with the bone eye shadow I referred to above, and then curl and apply more mascara. The eye shadow allows the mascara to dry, so that when you curl them again your mascara doesn’t get stuck on the eyelash curler. A few years ago, I used to use a hair dryer to blow on my eyelash curler before I curled my lashes, kind of like a curling iron, but I feel like my new trick is easier and works better.
9. Apply clear Smashbox Lip Liner. I like to line my lips with this before applying my lip sticks and stains, so it doesn’t run.
10. Apply a lipstick or lip stain. See below for my favorite colors.
Applying all of this doesn’t take me long, and it lasts all day!
Favorite Lipstick Colors
(Left to Right) Smashbox Talk to Me Matte (a fun pop of bright pink) // Bobbi Brown Calypso Matte (a reddish-coral) // MAC Candy Yum-Yum (a bright Barbie pink) // Smashbox Fireball Matte (bright pop of red) // Smashbox Publicist Matte (a dark, purplish pink)
I’m addicted to anything Oribe. It works wonder on my hair. I’m loving this Repair & Radiance Treatment soon. Every so often, you’re supposed to replace your regular conditioner with it, to treat processed hair.
And I’m always looking for a good lip treatment. My lips always get so chapped this time of year, and I’m always on the hunt for something not too sticky and not too scented. When I saw that Oribe came out with this lip treament, I knew I wanted to try it. I put this on my lips before bed, as well as applying it throughout the day. Makes my lips feel silky smooth.