Concealer // Eye Shadow // Eye Liner Powder // Bronze Blush // Pink Blush // Blush Brush // Eye Liner Brush // Eye Shadow Brush // Bronzer Brush // Lip Gloss // Mascara // Eyelash Curler // Eyelash Comb // Clear Lip Liner
I love when y’all give me post suggestions. Today is one of them! A reader asked if I’d post an updated make-up routine post. While I usually try and post an update every six months or so, I realized that it’s been over a year since the last time I wrote about it. Honestly, my go-to make-up choices haven’t changed much at all. I like a subtle bronze glow, mostly neutral eyes with lots of mascara and a neutral lip. I wear the same make-up at night, except I may add eyeliner and a bright lip.
My Make-Up Routine
1. Apply YSL Concealer on any small blemishes on my face. This one works wonders! Since I have more of an olive skin tone, I wear this in #3 Light Peach. If you have trouble with dark under eye circles, read the reviews, women are in love with this product, raving it looks like they’ve gotten 8 hours of sleep.
4. Apply Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light on forehead, sides of face, hollows of cheek bones and jawbone with this Bronzer Brush. I love it more than others because it doesn’t have that shimmer effect that many do, it only shapes and contours my face.
6. Apply a light touch of NARS Blush in Desire. It’s a really bright pink, so make sure you only apply a little of it on the apples of your cheeks. For a pretty pink that’s not as bright, try Gaiety.
7. Curl eyelashes with this Eyelash Curler.
8. Apply Dior Overcurl Mascara. I don’t have much curl in my lashes and this mascara does the trick, especially after I use the curler. If I have time, I use this Eyelash Comb to separate any lashes. Yes, I use blue mascara. It’s also available in black that I use sometimes too. The blue is fun and it’s definitely not a bright blue. You honestly can only notice I’m wearing blue in certain lights.
A Few Tricks to Fake Even Longer, Fuller Lashes
After you’ve curled and applied your mascara, wait five minutes, then dust your eyelashes with the bone eye shadow I referred to above, and then curl and apply more mascara. The eye shadow allows the mascara to dry, so that when you curl them again your mascara doesn’t get stuck on the eyelash curler. When I was younger, I used to use a hair dryer to blow on my eyelash curler before I curled my lashes, kind of like a curling iron, but I feel like my new trick is easier and works better.
9. I usually wear this pretty neutral pink color for day.
For night, I apply a clear lip liner. I like to line my lips with this before applying my lip sticks and stains, so it doesn’t run.
10. Apply a lipstick or lip stain. See below for my favorite colors. Applying all of this doesn’t take me long, and all of it lasts all day!
Favorite Lipstick Colors
Remember, all of my fave make-up products ship for FREE too!
Happy Thursday, Y’all!