This weekend was quite relaxing here, filled with lots of tissue and cold medicine for myself and the girls. Thankfully, the hubs was out of town for the weekend, so hopefully he won’t catch what we’ve had, upon arriving home. I’m hoping everyone’s weekend fared much better than ours!
Some of the Southern foods I have listed for this week would sure soothe a good cold…boiled peanuts, anyone? I see some food I would NEVER eat. Has anyone tried pickled pig’s feet! Yuck! I was grossed out even typing it…and I’ll be nice and NOT provide a picture for this one!
- Boiled peanuts – I’m in love with boiled peanuts, especially on road trips. Although the part I don’t like on road trips, is having to peel them for my husband, while he’s driving…
- Cheese straws – This has always been my grandfather’s specialty! He makes them all the time, and they’re absolutely delicious!
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich
- Peanuts in Coke – My father-in-law (grew up in southern Georgia) has always done this on road trips. Such a convenient idea! Now I do it too.
- Pickled pigs feet
- Pimento cheese sandwich – Ruth’s or Stan’s? That’s always the question when asked about which pimento cheese is your favorite, in the Carolinas. Ruth’s is made in South Carolina, Stan’s is North Carolina. Although living in North Carolina most of my life, my parents are both South Carolinians, so we grew up eating Ruth’s. Yum!