I hope everyone is continuing to enjoy their Labor Day Weekend. The hubs is off today, so we’re planning on relaxing, and may continue potty training W…though we’ll see about that. Yesterday morning, I started W off with some “Special Princess” underwear, well she wet that pair, and then the next pair. I then tried nothing, and she didn’t have time to wet, or try the potty, before naptime. So…I’m going to try it all again today, and see if it gets any better. If not, we’ll postpone it for another week. So, what all did you do over the weekend?
On another note, look at all of these delicious Southern breads! I love them all, but my favorites are definitely the cracklin’ cornbread and hush puppies! W and E love hush puppies too! We all ate a bunch of them on Saturday, while visiting my grandparents. Which one is your favorite? Did one get left off the list? If you’re not from the South, what’s another bread you like?
- Biscuits – traditionally prepared with buttermilk
- Cornbread – sometimes served in a glass of milk or buttermilk
- Cracklin’ Cornbread – has pork cracklins in it
- Cornmeal mush – also known as Coush Coush in the Deep South
- Spoonbread – a traditional colonial dish