These are just a few rules I found from ashandbelle.com, about Southern Belles. Please add more rules because I know there are so many out there. I thought these were cute though. Hope y’all had a great weekend!
A Southern Belle…
– Never wears white before Easter, and after Labor Day, except if it’s a bride.
– Knows that thank you notes are a necessary component of being gracious and appreciative.
– Never chews gum or smokes on the street.
– Never shows anger in public. She smiles and acts like a lady.
– Acts helpless and confused when it’s to her advantage (never let them know how clever and capable you really are). Love that one!
– Charm! Charm! Charm!
– Is elegant and graceful.
How many of y’all nailed almost everyone? There are a couple I need to work on, but that’s fine. Always room for improvement, right?
tacky – a common word used most often by Southern women describing someone’s behavior or appearance.
Look at those tacky clothes she wore to the funeral. (As quoted by www.ashandbelle.com)