Did anyone remember No Free Kitchen Spoons while setting the table, from last Monday’s post? I hope so. As for this week, I’ve decided to offer a tutorial on folding a napkin, a more interesting, yet EASY, way.
Now there are many ways to fold a napkin, such as these:
And even this crazy one, which requires an iron. Um, no thanks….
But the one I’m teaching you today is just a simple napkin fold called, The Cone.
I learned this while interning as an event planner, at a country club, while in college. And in case you’re wondering, no, event planning didn’t work for me. I’d much rather be enjoying the festivities, rather than working at them. That summer, I was booked for every holiday and Saturday (“wedding day”) to help plan events. Boo. I am thankful though that I did it for a summer, and didn’t commit my entire college career to it. Alright, lets get started, shall we?
1. Lay the napkin face down in front of you.
2. Fold the napkin in half diagonally.
3. Orient the napkin so the open corner faces away from you.
4. Fold the left-most corner diagonally so the point rests on top of the far corner.
5. Repeat the last step with the right side, bringing this fold evenly along to the last one.
6. Turn the napkin over, keeping the open ends pointing away from you.
7. Evenly fold the bottom third of the napkin up and press it down well.
8. Fold both the left and right sides back and underneath the napkin evenly to create the finished product.
Special thanks to the Napkin Folding Guide for the wonderful pictures and instructions for this napkin fold. You can find a million different other ways to fold napkins on this site. Happy Folding!
P.S. I’ll post photos from this past weekend tomorrow. It was a wonderful weekend, filled with family, friends and beautiful weather. The Lord really is good.