So tomorrow is the big day! Lilly’s After Party Sale! Throughout the day, check back here for fit guides and favorites for you! After posting lots of info the past few days about the sale, I went back and looked at their FAQs and realized I’d forgotten to mention a few things and also wanted to organize it all for you.
1. This year’s sale will run for ONE AND A HALF DAYS, starting tomorrow (Thursday) at 8am and ending on Friday at 1pm. Unlike sales in the past, this sale will not end at midnight.
2. All sale items are FINAL SALE and cannot be returned, even for store credit.
3. When checking out, make sure and TRIPLE CHECK your order before placing it. Your order can not be changed once it has been submitted. And if I haven’t said it enough, be sure and create an account here beforehand, to save you a lot of time when checking out tomorrow.
4. Even if you purchase a full-priced item during the sale, it may take longer than the usual 2-3 days to arrive. With the HIGH VOLUME of orders being processed, shipments will take a little longer to get to you. You will receive a shipment confirmation email once your package leaves our warehouse.
5. If you’re wondering why this sale is such a BIG DEAL, it’s that Lilly only has two online sales per year. One in January and one in August.
6. Shipping is FREE! If there’s anything you know you REALLY want, check out quickly with that item(s) first, guaranteeing you’ll get it. Then if you want, you can always go back for more. Just know, that this time when you go back to shop again, you’ll be added to the back of the virtual line. So I’d recommend adding as many of your favorites to your cart the first time, since you’re in. As always, they’re not reserved until you check-out, so get shopping quickly!
7. Lilly will be implementing their VIRTUAL LINE again for this sale. Meaning that once you’re on the site, you will be put in a line before you can enter the site. Don’t let the number you are deter you from staying on the site. Last year it only took me about ten minutes to get through the line and shop. Once you finish shopping and check out, you will be redirected to the back of the virtual line if you want to shop again.
8. One MAJOR TIP, if possible, have at least two form of technology in front of you to SHOP. Sometimes your phone may update faster, and sometimes the computer works better. If at all possible, shop from your computer. This way you can see more items at one time, than if you’re just using your phone. Just think of it as standing in multiple lines at once. Maybe even consider opening multiple browsers if you can.
9. Go ahead and make a potential SHOPPING LIST. Head to the site and browse different styles and prints. Have your favorites ready, so you’re not trying to remember them off the top of your head tomorrow, while you’re trying to shop. I know it may seem crazy to shop for summer when it’s the middle of winter. But trust me, it’s worth saving them for summer when you see the markdowns. And my girls and I love wearing them year round.
10. If you’re having trouble deciding on what size to order, sign up for TrueFit. I would go ahead and do this before the sale starts. It helps you select the best size for you, taking into account your measurements and how the style of the item fits. Be as accurate as you can on your size and TrueFit will let you know the best size for you. Also, you can check out product reviews and fit recommendations for each style too.
Look for what size they recommend for you, based on TrueFit, above the list of sizes on the left side, on each style while you’re shopping. You can see my example in the image above. The small is recommended in the Elsa Silk Top for me, which is accurate. If you need more help on sizing, don’t hesitate to email me: sweetsouthernprep at gmail, and I’ll try my best to help.
9. If you ever want to check your ORDER STATUS, enter your order number here.
10. Be prepared to see lots of items from any of the past seasons. Lilly will also have a great ACCESSORIES SECTION with Lilly prints on things from tablecloths to scarves. Many of these novelty items go quickly because they’re so unique and are marked down so much. Be sure and check them out too. Many of them make great gifts too!
11. After you place your order, you may see a charge on your credit card, even when your order is showing as STILL PROCESSING. If your order hasn’t yet shipped, you’re seeing a pre-authorization hold. Lilly won’t actually charge your card until your order has left their warehouse. This pre-authorization hold acts as a placeholder to ensure there are adequate funds in your account before your items are sent out. Hope that makes sense!
12. ELSA TOPS – If I haven’t said it enough, trust me, you will love this blouse! My favorite style of Lilly! For fit, it’s true to size. I wear a small in them.
For answers to more FAQs, click here. As I stated above, line management is the biggest change from previous sales. Basically, it will still be the same where items aren’t reserved in your cart until you’ve completed check-out, but this year, when you want to check-out you’ll be added to a virtual line. And while you’re waiting, items aren’t reserved in your cart. So if you reach the front of the line (time to shop and check-out) many of your items may not be in your cart anymore, meaning they’ve sold out while you were waiting. So if I can’t emphasize it enough, shop quickly for what you’re looking for. Consider having a list of your favorites, so you don’t forget to look at a specific section while you’re shopping.
And I know it won’t be part of the sale tomorrow, but I’ll probably throw in a koozie or two. These are great ideas to add to gifts.
Hope y’all are having a great week so far! So excited about the sale!
All photos via Lilly Pulitzer