J.Crew Swing Sweater // J.Crew Crystal Necklace (similar, less expensive version, here) // Tory Burch Caroline Ballet Flats // Michael Kors Watch // Kate Spade Marmalade Earrings // Essie Top Coat // Essie After School Boy Blazer // J.Crew Toothpick Jeans in Classic Rinse (on sale)
Lilly Pulitzer Elsa Top in Multi Lulu // Tory Burch Wedges (old, similar here) // Nars Orgasm Blush // Kate Spade Bow Studs // Michael Kors Watch // Tory Burch Perfume // Essie After School Boy Blazer // J Brand Jeans
J.Crew Black Watch Plaid Shirt (on sale) // Vineyard Vines Navy Cardigan (old, similar here) // J.Crew Signature Leggings in Charcoal // Minnetonka 5-Layer Fringe Boots // Tory Burch Small Logo Studs // Michael Kors Watch
Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be invited to Belk’s Spring Preview Fashion Event, “The New Now” with Arlene Goldstein, Vice President of Fashion Direction & Trend Merchandising for Belk. Even though it was 22 degrees outside, what’s coming for Spring, definitely warmed me up a bit. Can you tell even my top was wishing for warmer weather? Then again, Lilly Pulitzer seems to always do that.
To say Arlene Goldstein loves her job is an understatement. The way she got excited, when describing each piece, and explaining all the new elements that will be on trend for Spring, you could tell she has a true passion for her job. She was so eager to get to the next frame, and show us what was next…making us feel the same way that she did!
What to Expect for Spring at Belk
Celebrate going girly.
Think lace, cream, bateau necklines, bows, ruffles, pearls.
Wear white now.
Flower motifs, from clothing to jewelry, to handbags.
Attention to the back, alluding subtle sexiness.
Platform sandals, yet not as exaggerated.
Quilted bags, chain details.
Gold is in.
Shape shifts – silhouettes are away from the body, boxy-shape, swing sweaters.
Simplistic lines, color blocking, black and white, mix it with animal print.
Mules are making a come-back.
Innovative synthetics – lucite, nylon, polyester
Structured handbags, especially white ones.
Camouflage print is still in.
Metallic strap sandals, nude sandals.
Laser cut, tribal, primitive, ikats.
Statement Necklaces will stay, tribal twists.
Tribal sandals – hair calf, raffia, leather.
Arm candy still on trend.
Lady’s Most-Wanted Top 10 for Spring
By: Arlene Goldstein
1. Sleeveless Jacket (not just a vest)
2. Soft Pant
3. New Maxi Skirt (pair with a simple tank or white shirt)
4. Boxy Top (away from the body)
5. Updated Jacket (Bomber style)
6. Shift Dress
7. Black and White (pair with prints, or a pop of color)
8. Layered Necklaces
9. Ladylike Handbags
10. Chunky Heels
Men’s Most-Wanted Top Ten for Spring
By: Arlene Goldstein
1. Linen (very warm-weather friendly)
2. Cool Tees (graphics, messaging)
3. Spring Pant (sharp khakis, seersucker, washed down colors)
4. Preppy Shorts (a little shorter with color, with white oxford)
5. Athletic-Inspired Knits (zip-front jackets)
6. Bold Checks (plaids, panes, gingham)
7. Blue, Blue, Blue (Navy, Cobalt, etc.)
8. Happy Feet (fun, patterned socks)
9. Suspenders (not just solid colors, prints as well)
10. Boat Shoes (saddle oxford, wingtip)
“Don’t save anything. Wear it now!” Arlene Goldstein
I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend!