Happy Friday, Y’all! It’s freezing here again, currently 28. I think it got down to 15 last night. As promised, I’m sharing a classic look that you can wear at any age for today’s post. The sweet guest dog featured is my sister’s boyfriend’s lab named Sadie. These photos were taken when it was misting rain last Sunday, in the mid-60s. If the rain would’ve arrived a few days later, we would’ve had SNOW! I’m not saying I’d love snow all the time, but I sure would love to see it at least once this season. I know the children would too!
**Click on images to shop or links below.**
Barbour Beadnell Jacket in Sage // Hunter Rain Boots (I’m an 8.5 and sized down to an 8) // Paige Verdugo Jeans in Nottingham (true to size) // Pave Ball Studs // YSL Lip Stain in Rose Amazone // Burberry Giant Check Print Wool & Silk Scarf
How Do I Know What Size/Style Barbour to Choose?
For sizing, it can be very confusing which size to purchase, as these are made in the UK and different Barbour styles fit very differently. I am a 4/6 and am wearing the Barbour Beadnell Jacket in Sage, Size US 6, UK Size 10. If you’re deciding between two sizes, definitely go up a size. I’m going to be honest, it was hard deciding what size and style to order in these jackets. Since my Nordstrom store doesn’t carry Barbour Jackets, I decided to order an array of styles and sizes to try. I used my Nordstrom card, knowing that I’d be returning the ones that didn’t work. Another reason to love Nordstrom: After I finally decided on the Beadnell in a Size 6, all I had to do was return the others to my store that didn’t work, no questions asked. If you don’t have a local Nordstrom, no worries. All you have to do is put them back in the package they came in, peel off the return label that comes in the package, and pop it in the mail. Returns are free. It’s that easy.
Why I Love My Barbour…
– It has a waxed shell, making it waterproof. You can also order this hood to attach to your jacket.
– It has fleece-lined hand pockets with perfect placement. You can see me using mine in the photos above. The perfect spot for warming your hands on cold days!
– Love the length. I’m 5’6″ with a long torso and it covers my rear. Very important
– If needed, you can also purchased a zip-in liner.
Beadnell vs. Bedale
These are two very popular Barbour styles for women. Basically, the Beadnell is a little more fitted (but not too much). It looks different than the Bedale because it has two seams running down the front and back for a more tailored look, and it’s slightly shorter than the Bedale. The Bedale has internal knit cuffs, while the Beadnell does not. I actually like not having the internal knit cuff. The Bedale also has air vents on the sides and a rear pocket, which I didn’t think was necessary. So all in all, the Beadnell wins in my book!
This Barbour style is currently on sale. I love the quilting on it. One thing to note is that Barbour Jackets rarely go on sale, and when they do, they don’t last long. These coats will last you many, many years, if you care for them the right way. And remember, if you ever seen them on sale anywhere, you can always contact Nordstrom and they’ll price match! As mentioned before, Lanier and I gave each other our Barbour Jackets for Christmas. He loves his Barbour too! And was even more impressed when he found out he can fit his Patagonia Down Sweater Jacket under it, for added warmth.
While I love an array of fun coats for winter, I love them more when they’re on sale.
Nordstrom currently has over 1,200 coats marked down.
My Top Ten Favorite Coats on Sale
1. Oversized French Terry Jacket (only $29.90) // 2. Pink Down Vest (very similar to a pink one I own and this one is less than $60) // 3. T Tahari Hooded Down & Feather Walking Coat // 4. Laundry Removable Faux Fur Trim Parka // 5. Trina Turk Wrap Coat (50% off; I tried this one on and am seriously still thinking about getting it!) // 6. DVF Two-Tone Cozy Coat // 7. Catherine Catherine Malandrino Stripe Coat // 8. Rebecca Taylor Asymmetrical Tweed Coat // 9. Milly Mixed Media Coat // 10. Burberry Brit Hooded Anorak with Detachable Hood
I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend! We’ll be trying to stay warm inside with lots of chili and hot chocolate. The Panthers play tomorrow night! Can’t wait!